Friday, September 17, 2010

This was more important than rice and chicken.

Story time.

I'm sitting on twitter, waiting for my chicken to cook in the oven and my rice to microwave. I'm pretty stoked because I love homemade dinners! My boyfriend is out at a 21+ concert (again) and since I'm home alone, I decided to make myself dinner and curl up on the couch with Mad Men. But then, all of a sudden, I see a couple tweets linking to mychemicalromance.com. And I just knew this had to be big, because we've been on the edge of our seat for weeks now.

And so it is. The day that I've waited four years for has finally come.

And if this isn't quote:"sleazy rock and roll" then I don't know what is.



Let's just say I'm so happy that Ryan was out when I happened to discover this, because I flipped. The way that MCR has been describing their new sound for the last four years kind of made me think of the Desolation Row video - and the sound. And I figured that was kind of what they were going to go for with this album. But this is so beyond that. This is angry, and strange, and kind of like a breath of fresh air. This is the kind of music that makes me happy to be alive. The kind of music I will blast in my car until my ears bleed. It is sleazy, it is colorful, and it is beautiful. This album will redefine a My Chemical Romance concert forever. No more 5-foot tall, black-haired emo kids making out through their lip rings in front of me; no more preaching about suicide to a microphone covered in black roses. And in a way that's kind of sad, but I've already experienced that. And five years later I want to see what this band can do.

This is my favorite band. And anything they could create would be wondrous to my ears and my soul but I think this will really set a standard in the thoroughly dead state of music.

Well that's that. Enjoy, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment