Tuesday, September 7, 2010

the weakends

So I had the most lazy long weekend ever. I waited until the very last day to START my homework, and hardly left the house the whole time. Went out Saturday night and that's about it. So I was excited to get out of the house, at least for a little bit, today. I planned on going thrifting but I've ran out of time :[ Time management isn't my forte.

We went to Nostalgia to get some homework done before tomorrow. Nostalgia is really one of my favorite coffee shops. It's quiet, but not like library quiet, it's clean, and I actually like the art.





I got a pumpkin spice latte, which was a new flavor for me. Could have had a little more spice. I'm a fan of spiced lattes/teas. But I'd get it again.



And Ryan got the cutest cupcake! The cupcakes are one of the best parts of Nostalgia. They have these special mini cupcakes that are decorated so cute. We've already had the "Tiffany's cupcake" which is the classic Tiffany's blue color, with little silver pearls on top. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen! But this one was a lemon and toasted meringue something or rather. It was very lemony! But the frosting was so perfect, and glossy! The whole thing was a little lopsided and messy to eat, but mmmmmm it was good.



BTW: All my photos are taken with my iPhone (3G S, no flash). And I'd say I'm doing pretty well with that! With the help of PhotoStudio 6 (smaller program than Photoshop, and much more user friendly), I think my photos are turning out just fine, and thankfully doing my food blogs justice. Because bad food photos are just embarassing. How I wish I had the money for a $500 Canon camera, but, I just don't.

So today I'm finishing laundry, then gym, then one more homework assignment. And it's back to school tomorrow :[ At least it's only two more school days until the weekend again! I might visit home this weekend or in the near future. I'm a little homesick :(


top: Forever 21, cardigan: H&M

(Question: Do I rock the straight bangs look? Sometimes I like it, sometimes I think it makes me look even more like an Asian boy.)

Have a great Tuesday (:

1 comment:

  1. "I got a pumpkin spice latte."

    Good choice! I'm a big fan of pumpkin spice cappuccinos myself.

    I must visit this Nostalgia place. I love coffee shops, and the art does look better than most other coffee shops I've been to with the classic landscape painting and such.

    I like the straight bangs look. :] You don't look like an Asian boy. xD Silly girl.

    ReplyDelete