Sunday, December 5, 2010

independent living :)

I do not live alone. I live independently. I don't feel alone; I feel in tune with my own spirit and I'm growing more into myself every day. It's really all about the attitude you have. When I come home at night, I don't look at it like I'm coming home to an empty house; I see it as coming home to my sanctuary, my little haven that is all mine. Doesn't that sound wonderful? :)

So here's my list of the best parts of living independently!

1. Personalizing.

The VERY BEST thing about having your own place is getting to do whatever you want with it! I seriously have so much fun picking out things for my apartment. So much so that I can never decide on anything. I think everyone's home should be a totally immersive environment of themselves, so it's really fun for me to find things that match my personality. And if you don't have the money to deck out your place all on your own, then you have the whole place to yourself to make a mess for DIY projects. I plan on getting around to that. I'm going to paint the walls in my new place that I'm moving into on Tuesday.

2. Nobody judges you.

Sometimes I sleep until 2:00. (Rarely, but sometimes it happens.) Sometimes I listen to Taylor Swift. Sometimes I eat way too much ice cream. Sometimes I leave my dishes in the sink for a week. If I lived with anyone else, I would feel SO insecure about these things. But I don't! It's my life, and I don't feel judged for it.

3. Noise factor.

I can't tell you how many times during the school year last year, I was trying to write a research paper and all I can hear is Aaron Carter playing from my living room. For me, roommates = no. I like to study on campus or at coffee shops a lot of the time, but it's SO nice to know now that if I ever need a totally quiet place, my home is there. Also, I never get woken up in the morning by anything whatsoever. Ever. Not any roommates screaming, not my boyfriend playing music or video games, not my mom yelling at me for being lazy. It rules.

Sure, paying the bills all by yourself can suck, but to me, my sanity is priceless, and I absolutely love having my own place to myself :)


And I don't know how it gets better than this, you take my hand and drag me headfirst, fearless. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment