Wednesday, March 2, 2011

30-Day Album Challenge: Day 1

Stole this from some silly Facebook thing :) But I thought it would be a fun thing to do on my blog. So!

Day 1: Favorite Album
Funeral
Arcade Fire




I'm bad at explaining the hows and whys of why I like certain music. Especially music like this, where it is just simply beyond me and our world. But then I remember that real people created it, and that's what helps me relate and blows my mind away.

Beautifully constructed without being too structured, full of heart and anguish and a great sense of longing. The Suburbs won a Grammy, yes, but that one was definitely on bottom below Funeral and Neon Bible. Funeral deserves all the recognition in the world. Everybody should hear it. From the mesmorizing intro (fills me up with joy whenever I hear it) to Regine's incredible vocal finish, it's just...simply...a masterpiece.
Favorite track: Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) or Rebellion (Lies)

No comments:

Post a Comment