Wednesday, March 23, 2011

30-Day Album Challenge: Day 10

Day 10: Favorite Rock Album
Elephant
The White Stripes




I had no idea how to answer this one. I obviously thought, The Beatles? Way too easy. But I thought eventually throughout this challenge I absolutely have to pay my respects to The White Stripes so here we are. And they are definitely a band I can label simply "rock."

My very favorite White Stripes album by far, it blows my mind every time I listen. It never, ever, ever gets old. The stripped-down idea of the White Stripes makes them completely timeless, and I'll be listening to them when I'm 80. The whole world will. Jack White's rhyming and rhythmic skills are so perfect, meshed with screeching guitars and riffs that feel like they could be from any of the last few decades or the future.

I. Fucking. Love. The White Stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment