Sunday, March 27, 2011

when there is nothing left to pretend


top and cardigan: Forever 21

I think I'll do a rambling blog post, because I haven't done one in a while and it's good for the soul and I'm buzzed.

This picture ^ obviously isn't from today because I went to work today. My usual longer-than-usual Saturday shift. And I have that familiar, gross after-work feeling on my skin and I should probably shower but I'm getting drunker by the second! So that's a no on that.

My boyfriend's in Vegas right now for his best friend's bachelor party! How strange is that. I thought it'd be a MUCH longer time before I start going to my friends' weddings and seeing them get married! But alas I live in Utah and it's inevitable. If I'd stayed living in Las Vegas it wouldn't even be brought up yet; I wouldn't even dare to start thinking of marriage myself. But alas I have. My co-worker and I were talking just today about how baby-hungry we are. And I'm 19! 19! Just keep your babies out of Zupas please. They're too adorable and they're ruining my life.

I've been looking at apartments lately and dreaming of my next place, (bigger, cleaner, newer, more efficient) but I think I just forget how much I love my apartment. All the little details that come directly from my soul and my life; it's my little sanctuary. I've dreamed of a place like this, where I can paint and make a mess and play my music and display my art and art that I love. I wouldn't trade it for the world. The one thing I would change is that I could have a little puppy. (You know, to hold off the baby feelings.) It would make a world of difference! But I guess that's just one more thing to look forward to.

I also must have this book:



Flipped through it at Anthropologie and it has given me a new perspective on diaries and altered books.

T-MINUS FIVE DAYS UNTIL APRIL! Let's make a list of every single amazing thing in April, shall we? Because I think it might just be the most beautiful month of my life.

April 1: Wye Oak concert @ Kilby Court
April 5: my sweet boyfriend's 24th birthday!
April 8: My Chemical Romance concert @ In The Venue
April 9: Creed and Brittany's wedding in St. George
April 11: Arcade Fire concert in Orem
April 12: Glee returns!
April 15: Deathly Hallows Part 1 on blu-ray!
April 17: drive to Parowan, chill out with family!
April 18: Blake's play in Parowan
(somewhere in here, my mom's coming up to help me paint my apartment)
April 28: U of U orientation! and last day of class at SLCC!
April 30: Tim Gunn @ the Gateway!

Is that beautiful or what?

Off to play some Little Big Planet 2.

--

In a endless night would you feel the fright
of the age that wasn't, could never be?
So we hold it close when we feel the most
like a love that we could not leave behind.
We turn the wheel to which way we feel
till our thoughts lift; I cannot find you there.
Don't forget the nights when it all felt right.
Are you not the same as you used to be,
used to be?


Victoria Legrand you are everything I long to be. Free and beautiful and ethereal and different and intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment